Welcome to the largest collection of teen monologues on the internet, available for free use in auditions and classroom work and all from plays published by YouthPLAYS. Browse dozens of monogues for teens and other young actors, sortable by genre (drama, comedy, dramedy) and gender.
How it Works
Special Note: Please use the Monologue Request form on the main page at this time. Some of the forms on the individual monologue pages are experiencing technical difficulties.
Please read the instructions carefully:
1. Once you find a monologue (or monologues) that suit your needs, please click on and fill out the Monologue Request Form. Where it asks how you plan to use the monologue, please let us know whether you wish to use the monologue in class or for an audition (both free) or in some other way (i.e. an adjudicated competition or other performance, both of which may require nominal payment).
2. We will confirm permission within 2 business days (so give yourself enough time!).
3. If you'd like to read the entire play from which the monologue comes, click on the order link on each monologue's page to order a perusal copy! All monologues are from plays published by YouthPLAYS.
4. By using one of our monologues, you grant us permission to add you to the YouthPLAYS email list. We promise not to email you too often, and we will never share your email with anyone.
5. Students, please tell your teachers or directors about YouthPLAYS! Teachers and directors, please consider our plays for potential production! Remember, our authors make their income from the licensing of their work for production and the payment of royalties. This allows them to create more great plays!
Note: You may use these monologues for Thespian adjudicated Individual Events and similar competitions/festivals with the purchase of a digital (or printed, if available) copy of the play from which they come. Simply purchase the perusal copy, then print out the monologue page with this paragraph on it.
We regret that we are unable to provide specific monologue suggestions, as our time and staff are limited, and we feel that it's always best for you to read through our selections and find the piece that best fits you. So let's get to it: read on for a great selection of monologues!