Welcome to the largest collection of teen and youth monologues on the internet, available for free use in auditions and classroom work and all from plays published by YouthPLAYS. Browse dozens of monologues, sortable by genre (drama, comedy, dramedy) and gender.
How it Works
Please read the instructions carefully:
These monologues are free for classroom and audition use. To use them in Thespian adjudicated Individual Events and similar competitions/festivals, just purchase a copy (digital or printed) of the play from which they come. If necessary, print out this paragraph as proof of permission to perform. To use them in other public showcase/performance situations, please note that on your application (expect to at least purchase a copy of the script).
1. Once you find a monologue (or monologues) that suit your needs, please click on and fill out the Monologue Request Form. Fill in the organization field (do not abbreviate) with the name of your school or the group for whom you're auditioning. (Don't just write "school" or "ISS," for example.) Where it asks how you plan to use the monologue, please let us know whether you wish to use the monologue in class or for an audition. If you wish to use the monologue in an adjudicated competition, just purchase your script--no need to fill out this form. If you wish to use the monologue in some other way (e.g. as part of a showcase/performance), fill out the form and let us know; royalties may apply.
2. We will do our best to confirm permission within 2 business days, but give yourself plenty of time to hear back. Please make sure that you whitelist emails from the youthplays.com domain, or our email may get stuck in your spam filter!
3. If you'd like to read the entire play from which the monologue comes, click on the order link on each monologue's page to purchase a perusal copy!
4. By using one of our monologues, you grant us permission to add you to the YouthPLAYS email list. We promise not to email you too often, and never to share your email.
5. Students, please tell your teachers or directors about YouthPLAYS! Teachers and directors, please consider our plays for production! Remember, our authors make their income from the licensing of their work for production and the payment of royalties. This allows them to create more great plays!
We regret that we are unable to provide specific monologue suggestions, as our time and staff are limited, and we feel that it's always best for you to read through our selections and find the piece that best fits you. So let's get to it: read on for a great selection of monologues!