Welcome to the largest collection of teen monologues on the internet, available for free use in auditions and classroom work and all from plays published by YouthPLAYS. Browse dozens of monogues for teens and other young actors, sortable by genre (drama, comedy, dramedy) and gender.
How it Works
Please read the instructions carefully:
These monologues are free for classroom and audition use. To use them in Thespian adjudicated Individual Events and similar competitions/festivals, just purchase a copy (digital or printed) of the play from which they come. If necessary, print out this paragraph as proof of permission to perform.
1. Once you find a monologue (or monologues) that suit your needs, please click on and fill out the Monologue Request Form. Be sure to fill in the organization field (do not abbreviate) with the name of your school or the group for whom you're auditioning, as the case may be. Where it asks how you plan to use the monologue, please let us know whether you wish to use the monologue in class or for an audition (both free). If you wish to use the monologue in an adjudicated competition, just purchase your script--no need to fill out the form. If you wish to use the monologue in some other way (e.g. as part of a showcase/performance), fill out the form and let us know; royalties may apply in that latter case.
2. We will do our best to confirm permission within 2 business days, but we recommend planning ahead and giving yourself plenty of time to hear back. Please make sure that you whitelist emails from the youthplays.com domain, or our email may get stuck in your spam filter!
3. All monologues are from plays published by YouthPLAYS. If you'd like to read the entire play from which the monologue comes, click on the order link on each monologue's page to purchase a perusal copy!
4. By using one of our monologues, you grant us permission to add you to the YouthPLAYS email list. We promise not to email you too often, and we will never share your email with anyone.
5. Students, please tell your teachers or directors about YouthPLAYS! Teachers and directors, please consider our plays for potential production! Remember, our authors make their income from the licensing of their work for production and the payment of royalties. This allows them to create more great plays!
We regret that we are unable to provide specific monologue suggestions, as our time and staff are limited, and we feel that it's always best for you to read through our selections and find the piece that best fits you. So let's get to it: read on for a great selection of monologues!