Welcome to the one of the largest collections of teen and youth monologues on the internet, available for free use in auditions and classroom work and all from plays published by YouthPLAYS. Browse dozens of monologues, sortable by genre (drama, comedy, dramedy) and gender.
Please read the instructions carefully:
These monologues are free for classroom and audition use. To use them in Thespian adjudicated Individual Events and similar competitions/festivals, just purchase a copy (digital or printed) of the play from which they come. If necessary, print out this paragraph as proof of permission to perform. To use them in other public showcase/performance situations, please note that on your application (expect to at least purchase a copy of the script).
1. Once you find a monologue (or monologues) that suit your needs, please click on and fill out the Monologue Request Form.
2. We will do our best to confirm permission within 2 business days, but give yourself time to hear back. Please make sure that you whitelist emails from the youthplays.com domain, or our email may get stuck in your spam filter!
3. If you'd like to read the entire play from which the monologue comes, click on the order link on each monologue's page to purchase a perusal copy!
4. Would you like to hear about the latest plays and news (and discounts!) from YouthPLAYS? You'll be asked as part of the Monologue Request Form whether you'd like to opt-in to our email list. We promise not to email you too often and never to share your email.
5. Students, please tell your teachers or directors about YouthPLAYS! Teachers and directors, please consider our plays for production! Remember, our authors make their income from the licensing of their work for production and the payment of royalties. This allows them to create more great plays!
We regret that we are unable to provide specific monologue suggestions, as our time and staff are limited, and we feel that it's always best for you to read through our selections and find the piece that best fits you. So let's get to it: read on for a great selection of monologues!