Welcome to the one of the largest collections of teen and youth monologues on the internet, available for free use in auditions and classroom work and all from plays published by YouthPLAYS. Browse dozens of monologues, sortable by genre (drama, comedy, dramedy) and gender.
Please read the instructions carefully:
These monologues are free for classroom and audition use.
To use them in Thespys and similar adjudicated competitions, purchase one copy (digital or printed) of the play from which they come per participant. If necessary, print this paragraph as proof of permission to perform.
To use them in non-competitive public showcase/performance situations, purchase one copy (digital or printed) of the play from which they come per participant and pay the Single Scene-Monologue Showcase Royalty (one for each performance). Be sure to explain in the Note to the Publisher the specifics of your usage. If the play you wish to perform doesn't have the Single Scene-Monologue Showcase Royalty option listed, please write us to activate it for you.
1. Once you find a monologue (or monologues) that suit your needs, please click on and fill out the Monologue Request Form.
2. We will do our best to confirm permission within 2 business days, but give yourself time to hear back. Please make sure that you whitelist emails from the youthplays.com domain, or our email may get stuck in your spam filter!
3. If you'd like to read the entire play from which the monologue comes, click on the order link on each monologue's page to purchase a perusal copy!
4. Would you like to hear about the latest plays and news (and discounts!) from YouthPLAYS? You'll be asked as part of the Monologue Request Form whether you'd like to opt-in to our email list. We promise not to email you too often and never to share your email.
5. Students, please tell your teachers or directors about YouthPLAYS! Teachers and directors, please consider our plays for production! Remember, our authors make their income from the licensing of their work for production and the payment of royalties. This allows them to create more great plays!
We regret that we are unable to provide specific monologue suggestions, as our time and staff are limited, and we feel that it's always best for you to read through our selections and find the piece that best fits you. So let's get to it: read on for a great selection of monologues!