How do I know what to order? The guide below should help.
Just checking things out?
• Order a digital perusal script or printed script so that you can read it in its entirety and make a decision.
Want to produce a play? You'll need to order:
• Performance Royalties—one for each time the play will be produced in front of an audience outside of the cast and crew.
• Scripts—either enough printed scripts for the cast and crew, or a Production Photocopy License, which comes with a PDF file and permission to make copies for your cast and crew.
Optional add-ons for productions:
• Limited Video License—allows you to legally record and make up to 100 DVDs/digital downloads to provide to the cast/crew, with local cable broadcast airings allowed for an additional fee.
• Musical Tracks—mp3 files for your production to use in performance and rehearsal instead of live accompaniment.
Want to study a play in the classroom only? If you don't plan to perform in front of an audience (i.e. parents, other students):
• Classroom Photocopy License—comes with a PDF file and permission to make copies for your students. If you later decide to produce the play in front of an audience, just purchase as many Performance Royalties as you need!
Participating in forensics, Thespian IEs or similarly adjudicated competitions?
• For scenes/monologues under 10 minutes, purchase a script (digital perusal or printed) for each participant. Royalties are waived.
• Over 10 minutes (e.g. one-act competitions), royalties are required.
When in doubt, ask. We're happy to help you find exactly what you need!
Note: We recommend digital delivery or expedited/priority shipping for orders outside of the US and Canada, as standard shipping to international destinations can take up to 6-8 weeks.